[elky] Re: Misc. Car content

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 05:54:03 -0600

> In a message dated 3/1/2011 9:37:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Happy Birthday Cindy!
>
> but tell her that Sr. Citizen thing is a rip.  No matter how old you are,
> you are always 1 year too young to qualify for whatever the age is at that
> place.  And here they can't post it, you have to ask.
>
> I believe that. Murphy's Law, and I married a Murphy.

> yes, the wash should help elkenstein run better.  Right up there with local
> tv telling us to keep a full gas tank
>
> The full tank in winter keep water condensation from forming in tank, if it
> freezes the ice clogs the line.
> The weight is good if u have rear wheel drive.
>

> because it makes the car run better and more economically (yeah, right,
> hauling a full tank around makes it lighter, too).
>
> Mary
>
> It is good for the weight in snow, if you drive it in snow.

Tom was at a class recently for his continuing Ed. They took some of the
Ethanol gas in a large container, and introduced steam in the top. When they
shook it, the Ethanol absorbed it all and dropped it right at the bottom
when it settled. HE said he was amazed at how much water there was. With a
full container, there was hardly any. So around here, in the winter, the
condensation is a big deal with Ethanol gas, and you should have a fuller
tank. Do do as I do then.... that premium s#!t is expensive.

Speaking of which..... I updated the kids page after the benefit. See:
http://www.myelcamino.net/stcecc.htm

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net