[elky] Re: Misc. Car content

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:47:55 EST

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 3/1/2011 9:37:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Happy  Birthday Cindy!

but tell her that Sr. Citizen thing is a rip.  No  matter how old you are,
you are always 1 year too young to qualify for  whatever the age is at that
place.  And here they can't post it, you have  to ask.

yes, the wash should help elkenstein run better.   Right up there with
local tv telling us to keep a full gas  tank

The full tank in winter keep water condensation from forming in  tank, if
it freezes the ice clogs the line.
The weight is good if u have rear wheel drive.

because it makes the car run better and more economically (yeah,  right,
hauling a full tank around makes it lighter, too).

Mary

I was moving the El Camino the other day and noticed the power  steering
fluid on the ground. Have to check in to that some more. I forgot  about a
late start at Car club, and intended to get it up on the lift today,  but I
couldn't wait another hour..... on account of Cindy's birthday  today!~  She is
officially a senior citizen at 55. I have another year  and 4 days. I'll
check it out soon. At least I said Hi to a couple of the  kids today.

I did change the door handle on the Monte when I got  back, waiting for
Cindy to get off work. See the attached picture. I have  another new handle for
the passenger door. These ice storms and winter in  general are really hard
on these handles here. I got the replacements for  about $25 each from
Dixie Monte Carlo. Taiwan... I know, but black and  straight.

I also washed the winter dust off of the El Camino and did  some data
logging to try and improve the performance. Might be some chip  burning in the
future.

John  Christensen
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 _http://www.myelcamino.net_ (http://www.myelcamino.net/)