[elky] Re: Misc. Car content

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:25:50 -0600

This is a new laptop for me. I went in to Best buy and bought the most
expensive Sony Vaio in the store. Mostly because it had the graphics card I
needed. Works like a champ though. Works for WinALDL too, and that was a
must ;)

Yes, I love the steering box.

I tell you, it's been a long time since I drove the Elky. It's a bit like a
racer in comparison to the Monte. The Monte is smooth, but can dance when
you need it to. it is really predictable in it's handling, and that is a
plus for every day. Monroe gas-matic shocks and stock suspension (for an
SS).

The Elky is a bit twitchy. With the air bags (that probably have a little
too much air at the moment) and the Billstein's. It is a much tighter ride.
It really needs a front end upgrade for better geometry, I believe. The
brakes are much better with the revised vacuum location and subsequent
overbore to the adapter.

What I do know, is that this combination has spanked BMW's on the skid pad.
Getting it better than this, can only be really good.

Man ... I can't wait for Spring.

JC