[elky] Re: Lockup control works

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:48:06 EST

D'OH, back to square one.

Smoky Mt. Frank

In a message dated 12/23/2010 10:44:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I spoke  too soon. I went on a drive on the highway for the first time with
it, and it  didn't unlock. Now I am wondering if the solenoid is hanging
up. Will need to  research it. Had to unplug it again though. Same symptoms,
so I think the  other controller may have been OK. Only happens when it's
really warmed up and  has been engaged for a while. It just doesn't unlock,
even taking the power  away. Only way to unlock is 1st gear, or neutral.

More to come.
JC

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Chris Lindh <_chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) >  wrote:

Good news.  All's well that ends well...

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 6:06 AM, John Christensen <_johncgg@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:johncgg@xxxxxxxxx) > wrote:
> I  got the replacement lockup control, and it works great. 2 days to and
from
> work with no problems at all. Over Christmas, I will probably  warm up the
> garage and wire the power from the brake switch instead  of the fuse
panel.
> The brakes are probably fused too, where this is  not now, unless it is is
> through the accessory buss, but I don't  think so.
>
> JC

Rules: Please play nicely with  others.

-List members page (text & pic links):
_http://www.myelcamino.net/eclist.htm_