[elky] Re: I Love my Town

  • From: Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Buck et al <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 21:10:44 -0700

I just have to jerk his chain every once in a while to keep him alert.  I'm
afraid he's going to atrophy back there in the hills and the heat.

I usually go along with the myths about our bad weather; it sort of keeps the
riff raff at bay who are looking to move from where they are now, especially
those Texans and Californicators.

I can be straight with the people on this list, though, because they all have
the good sense to have (or have had) an El Camino or clone; so they'd be
welcome.  I just hope Cort doesn't blab all over the mid-West between the heat,
thunderstorms, hail storms, and blizzards.

Dan

Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:17:01 -0700
From: printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [elky] Re: I Love my Town

I can ignore him.  I know what the heat and humidity feel like there.  Frank is
a puddle of sweat flopped in a chair by now.  Once it hits 80 you are trying to
breath water.

And the rain is light here - in NJ you get it all at once.  I still remember
the rainy day we decided to go to the mall.  When we exited the Parkway we hit
a flood on Route 1.  That 6 inches in an hour had no where to go except right
down the highway.  That's how we know the Grand Cherokee could float....

We ate outside almost every day this week.  Today I did not feel like cleaning
the table after working in the yard all day, so Dan cooked a chicken on the
spit and we ate in.  Got a little sunburn yesterday but don't tell anyone.

Mary

You don't have to take that from a hillbilly.  For instance, Seattle doesn't
even rank in the top 25 major cities in the US as far as rainfall goes (it's
44th).

But don't expect a hillbilly to know that.  Matter of fact it get less than New
York City.  You remember NY don't ya, Frank?  Or has too much mountain dew
burned out those brain cells from the past?

Here's a link if'n anyone still doubts:

Seattle Doesn’t Get That Much Rain

Dan  (He who has just finished dinner on the deck in a balmy 74*)