[elky] Heat Control

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:19:38 -0500

When I have the A/C compressor on (in NORM or MAX position), if I move the
temperature slider away from "COLD", more than about 1/4", the air coming from
the vents gets HOT very quickly and I have to move the slider back all the way
to "COLD."

Either the cable needs to be adjusted, or there is a plastic piece on the blend
door that is broken.  Adjusting the cable is fairly easy, but if there is a
broken piece, does anyone know which one it is, what it is called, and how hard
it is to find one?

What seems to be happening is when I move the slider from "COLD", the heater
valve under the hood opens (it is either fully open or closed, controlled by
vacuum), but the blend door is not closed all the way, so I get a big dose of
hot air.  The door must be open quite a bit, because the air is hot enough to
overwhelm the cold air that's coming out of the evaporator coil.

At any rate, I'll find out what's up when I go to adjust the cable, but I
wondered if anyone was familiar with the plastic pieces that may be broken that
would keep the blend door from working as intended.