[elky] Re: Grandma [Was: Battery holding charge while sitting unused]

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:45:09 -0600

Yep, there is a whole bunch of stuff out there that is easy to get addicted
to. I wasn't addicted to the pain killers I was on, but I sure can see how
it could happen. There were days when I just wanted to double up, but I knew
better than to go there. I was very strict in following the dosage. It was
my goal from day 1 to be rid of them, but then, I personally don't like how
they make me feel. (I was up to 3 double strength Vicodin a day) One year
ago today, I was still in the hospital with the back surgery. I was in way
worse shape than before going in, but at the same time, the pain that the
pills were treating was virtually gone in an instant. Had to get out of the
hospital to get any rest, that's for sure. I bet Grandma is thinking the
same thing. Thank God I am upright and my biggest trouble now is my waist
line, and getting rid of this cold.

Be safe on your trip Ray!