[elky] Re: Funny Diamond Statistics

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:46:22 -0800

and - pray tell- where does one find a $2 watch battery? I've never paid less than $10. And one was quite dead and the Nice Young Man was sure my watch had finally given up. It could not possibly have been his battery.

Mary, wearing new earrings.

stats

*FUNNY DIAMOND STATISTICS*
*Every December 26th, approximately 15% of men sleep on the couch because they did not buy their wives jewelry.* *Danger! On average, 87 diamond wholesalers pop themselves in the eye with a diamond flying from a tweezers.* *Bench jewelers average 8 minutes a day looking for their magnifier visor, rarely remembering it's on their head.* *Jewelers feel they waste an estimated 60 hours a week attempting to pry water-proof backs off watches just to change a $2 battery. *
**
*Jewelers lose an average of 12 minutes per week fishing in the ultra sonic cleaner for lost jewelry.* *Every jeweler has witnessed at least one man faint, throw up, or run out of the store at the sight of an engagement ring.* *Once a day, at least one skeptic tests the hardness of a diamond by slamming it in a drawer or running over the gem with their car.* *Hasn't at least one jeweler thought, "this marriage is doomed" as they rang up the couple's engagement rings?* *Every 6 minutes a new bride shows off her engagement ring excitedly to her single girl friend who secretly thinks, "Mine is going to be SO much bigger!"* *Tragically, 1 out of every 25 ear piercings done by jewelers is too low, resulting in forever saggy ear lobes.* *Every 15 minutes a jeweler reflects, "Wait a minute! I am selling a shiny rock for $5000"!*