[elky] Re: Floor the 28th - Non

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:37:30 -0600

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Both!  in oregon.
>
> Unless we hit the lottery, no birdseye maple.  but I do like that stuff!

          Birdseye is pretty cheap actually and are many other exotics. I
can get enough veneer to do a kitchen for about $20.

> Yes, I've pretty much given up on the two tone doors.  And no way will
> they ever be MDF.  I'll stick with the oak plywood before that happens.
>
> Mary

                   MDF is the standard core material in  high end cabinets.
No problems with using it. It's just the home store crap has given it a bad
name for being used incorrectly. Any veneer product you see will be MDF
core. There is also medex mdf which is moisture resistant and the standard
MDF at HD and etc is not the same that you build real cabinets with.

             I can do veneer doors with stuff like birdseye cheaper than an
oak door but it's more time and i have the tools to vacuum bag them.

                Robert Adams