[elky] Re: Floor the 28th - Non

I'm jot sure how this hickory would look like a warehouse floor? But its
not what I think of, when I think of hickory cabinets, which are usually
very colorful with knots and variances. This flooring is very consistant,
compared to the cabinets I've seen(which is cool too)   oak is stainable
but each peice will take stain differently, and each section of a piece
will as well, so its hard to stain a dark color.  Dark cherry stained oak
cabinets just don't look right most of the time, and cherry is real
expensive, so we see maple and birch stained whatever color your heart
desires, it takes stain very consistantly and holds up relatively well,
costs about half of cherry.

I have a gee high quality clear alder bedroom set, it is solid wood and
amazing, a gift from my whole family for putting myself thru college and
getting my degree in business mangement.  It's got a clear coat on it, very
pretty wood, but way too soft, it dents so easily and it kindof drives me
crazy cause I can't have things not right.  Dents in my dressers... Ok
again I'm crazy.