[elky] Re: Elky is up and running again

  • From: stillfranksfault@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 18:31:11 -0500

Cool, happy driving.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2010 3:47 pm
Subject: [elky] Elky is up and running again

  Got the trans up in and done. Shifts are much nicer now that the TV boost
valve is in correctly instead of the plunger being in backwards... They were
way too hard before as in felt and sounded like it was going to break
something. Also have a known good pump in it too as the pump it had was
improperly assembled as in the rotor and slide are too thick.

  The TCC now stays locked up since it now has a good 4th gear switch... And
the TCC connector shouldn't leak since I replaced it with a new one and then
siliconed up the joint around the connector and case. O-rings suck for sealing
most things they are just cheap to design make and install. Replaced all the
other gaskets and seals just in case. I wanted new case fittings but they were
out. I think one of mine is leaking at the case and it's the upper one which is
the PITA to get to.

  Engine sounds better at idle just off idle and at load and I have more usable
RPM range. It pulls well to 5500 without a problem now. I actually let off at
5500 cause I didn't want it to hit 6K. The only reason it pulls so well that
fast with a TPI is cause it's a 305.

  So it looks like all is well. I sprayed it all down well with hot simple
green and hosed it off. Will see if the cooler lines are leaking in a few days.
But so far looks Ok. So I'm happy so far.....

  Got a new flywheel cover and will install that later on as I have to trim it
and I'll put it on when I inspect it later anyway.