[elky] Re: Did ya say "craggy"

  • From: "Mary McCarthy" <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 11:58:59 -0700

oh, that's a purty picture! (the sunrise)

Actually, the next morning it was clear and sunny (see Wyoming photo). we made it all the way from SLC to Vancouver that day with light traffic and nice weather.

Been to Grants Pass a few times, looks just like the rest of southern Oregon before you get into the Siskiyous. The Rogue River is the big attraction there. Never made it to Gold Field although it is on the list. I remember your photos.

Sunny today, I'll take the camera running errands. Maybe miss Helen is out in a new white dress.

Mary

Ok...that's in the general vicinity of Devil's Slide.  February is
one nasty-ass time to travel that area.  Lucky you didn't get caught
in freeway closures east of Rock Springs.

The other shots are beautiful.  I've always wanted to visit Crater
Lake cuz my ma lived in Grant's Pass for several years during the
depression and spoke of it quite a bit when I was young.  Seems my
grandparents sorta shuffled between Goldfield, NV and Grants Pass for
a while.  I've been to Goldfield (I posted some of the photos
here...they're on my server:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/goldfield/goldfield.html ) but, like I
said, somehow I seem to have missed the NW in my travels.  I'll get
there one day.