[elky] Cooling Fan

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: El Camino List <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 06:31:33 -0600

I have been thinking about the wisdom behind going with a belt driven fan
and clutch. If I am going to spend the money on buying the reverse rotation
versions, I could put that money towards electric fans and gain some torque
in the process. I know Robert used Chrysler fans in his Elky.

I want to be sure the new alternator will handle the power requirements too.
I know this would also be on a relay system, and I would have to install a
switch in the radiator for it. I assume that the A/C power wire would also
play a role to kick the fan on when the A/C is running.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else running electric fans? Suggestions for
Swap or kits that work well are appreciated.

Thanks,
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net