[elky] Re: Car Show in Geneva, IL - Grandma

  • From: Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Buck et al <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:58:26 -0700

So sorry to hear of your loss, John; it can be so hard even when expected.  It
sounds like she had a great life and family and that is what should be
remembered and celebrated.

Dan

From: johncgg@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 05:59:23 -0500
Subject: [elky] Re: Car Show in Geneva, IL - Grandma
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean.

I have a lot to do yet this weekend. The Cruise is out for me, due to Grandma's
Memorial service on Saturday.

I may or may not have posted it to the list, but we lost Grandma at 96
wonderful years. She passed on Monday last week, after about 3 days in the
hospital. She did not have paddles, IV's, and feeding tubes... it was what she
wanted. Our grieving was done there, while waiting. It's been a long week of
arrangements, paperwork, contacting releatives, etc. There were a lot.

Some of the last words, although yes or no was most all she could muster, were
that she enjoyed the Big Band music we were playing for her. I asked her if she
would like to dance, and she said nothing, but when Cindy said "You would if
you could" she said "Yes!".

She is survived by 2 children;10 grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren;
41 great-great-grandchildren.

She will be missed, but we are going to celebrate her life this weekend.

inbox.