[elky] Re: AN Hose

          I have a regular FI filter with saginaw fittings on both ends. I
used short repair sections from the swapmeet (help section stuff) to plumb
it in and tied that into my other tubing.

             ALso forgot to mention the AN hose with the extra outer jacket
is nice to help prevent abrasion but not a end all cure to be used instead
of clamps.

               As for the filter. I would assume they are both made from the
same laser welded shell and there is little need to change the filter medium
inside as well. From a manufacturing point of view there is no reason for it
to be any different except for the fitting type. No reason to make it any
different.  I thought about buying a saginaw fitting tool but they run a
minimum of $250.

                          Robert Adams

I'm thinking about simplifying my fuel line... if I take the G3727 filter
out of the equation I don't need nearly as many fittings, currently- 5/8-18
inverted flare to 6AN to 16MM-1.5

I found a fuel filter for an '83 Camaro with Cross Fire (Delco GF 478 , Fram
G3694) features a barb inlet and a 5/8-18 inverted flare outlet: (great
resource for swap info) http://www.aces.edu/~parmega/efi/fittings.txt

I could mount one of these back at the beginning of the line (above the
rearend) and that would cut out 2 fittings at the back of the line, and then
I could run the -6 hose straight from the hard line to the fuel rail,
cutting out the G3727 filter and the adapters I have to use for it.

The big question is will a filter for a Cross Fire TBI hold 50 psi?