[elky] Re: AN Hose

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:32:08 -0500

I'm thinking about simplifying my fuel line... if I take the G3727 filter
out of the equation I don't need nearly as many fittings, currently- 5/8-18
inverted flare to 6AN to 16MM-1.5

I found a fuel filter for an '83 Camaro with Cross Fire (Delco GF 478 , Fram
G3694) features a barb inlet and a 5/8-18 inverted flare outlet: (great
resource for swap info)
http://www.aces.edu/~parmega/efi/fittings.txt<http://www.aces.edu/%7Eparmega/efi/fittings.txt>

I could mount one of these back at the beginning of the line (above the
rearend) and that would cut out 2 fittings at the back of the line, and then
I could run the -6 hose straight from the hard line to the fuel rail,
cutting out the G3727 filter and the adapters I have to use for it.

The big question is will a filter for a Cross Fire TBI hold 50 psi?