[elky] Re: AN Hose

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 22:55:12 -0500

I watched a video of a line being made and they made the same suggestions
about a straight cut and lubricate the fitting... he also said once it cross
threads it is stuck, so you hand tighten at first.

I'm not sure I like the idea of aluminum fittings, steel and brass have been
reliable.  I can also get nylon braided hose - basically the same specs but
with a nylon braid instead of stainless steel.  Whenever I consider long
runs of rubber or push lock hose I wonder if a tech at a drag strip would
bounce me for that.  The closest drag strip is 85 miles away... I've only
been twice in all these years, but it would be a pain to drive all that way
and not get to race.

I'm not sure about the filter either.