[edm-announce] CFP [Deadline for abstracts extended]: 4th Workshop on Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups at AIED 2015

  • From: Stephen Fancsali <sfancsali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:14:51 -0400

[on behalf of Roberto Martinez-Maldonado]

Apologies for any cross-posting

4th Workshop on Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups at the 17th
International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in
Education (AIED 2015)
June 22-26, 2015
Madrid, Spain
https://sites.google.com/site/aied2015islg/
We are pleased to announce that the Fourth International Workshop on
Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups (ISLG) will be held as a part of
the 17th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education
(AIED 2015)  in Madrid, Spain. The goal of this series of workshops is to
bring together Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED) researchers with
learning sciences and computer-supported collaborative learning (CSCL)
researchers to share approaches and exchange information about adaptive
intelligent collaborative learning support.

It is of high relevance to the AIED community to explore how AI techniques
can be brought to bear to support collaborative learning.     We aim to
explore ways that the current state of the art in intelligent support for
learning in groups can be informed by learning sciences research on
collaborative learning principles.

We welcome papers under two categories:

>>>Short papers (4-6 pages). Short papers consist of authors describing
their
research in the area of intelligent support for learning in groups. Authors
of successful submissions will give a brief firehose presentation and
present a poster at the poster session during the workshop.

>>>Panel papers (2-4 pages). Panel papers explain a unique perspective on
the field that the author would like to contribute. Authors of successful
submissions will participate in one of panels held during the workshop.

Participation Requirements: All workshop participants are encouraged to
submit at least one paper under any of these two categories. There is no
restriction on the number of papers submitted by the same author. The
submission of a paper is not compulsory.

Formatting: All submissions should be formatted as per ITS formatting
guidelines (LNCS template). Please use the formatting instructions and
templates provide at
http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=3D0-164-7-72376-0

*Important Dates*

*March 27, 2015 Short Paper and Panel Submissions Due*
April 20, 2015 Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
May   20, 2015 Camera Ready Papers Due
June  22 or June 26 Pre-Conference Workshop held in Madrid, Spain

*Organizers*

>>>Jihie Kim          KT and Information Sciences Institute at the
University
of Southern California, jihie@xxxxxxx
The University of Sydney, roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>Ilya Goldin          Center for Digital Data, Analytics, and Adaptive
Learning,
Pearson, ilya.goldin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>Erin Walker           School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision
Systems
Engineering, Arizona State University, erin.a.walker@xxxxxxx
>>>Rohit Kumar          Raytheon BBN Technologies, USA , rkumar@xxxxxxx

For up to date information about the workshop, visit
https://sites.google.com/site/aied2015islg

Roberto Martinez-Maldonado, PhD
Centre for Research on Computer-Supported Learning and Cognition
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia