[duxuser] Re: tactile graphic

  • From: Jalnan@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:44:32 EST

Hi Tamru,

Yes, there has already been a place that has developed a wonderful book for
getting introduced to the Windows 95 environment - and it especially focuses
on those who are blind.  There is a special price for getting the
introductory book, the update one to Windows 98 AND tactile diagrams of the
screens - $25.00.  The books which I am talking about are available in
braille, in large print, or on diskette.

Ok.  The very basic introduction to Windows environment from starting your
computer - the complete new person to the whole Windows and  computer world.
Is called Windows 95 explained.  Then there is an update to the Windows 98
and what is the difference?  Windows 98 Explained (It is also on cassette)
Then there is tactile graphics called Windows 95 Explained: Tactile Diagrams.

If you want further information on where to purchase these books and prices
go to http://www.braille.com.

If you use the diskette version I think it is not already formatted in
braille so you would use Duxbury to translate it and then emboss it.
But I could be wrong.  Check with National Braille Press - which also has
some other good computer related books that is in braille or other formats.

Jamie