[duxuser] Re: pdf to braille

  • From: "Phippen, Stephen" <Stephen.Phippen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:50:50 +0100

Recent versions of WordPerfect (e.g. X4) can open pdf files directly and
convert them to word processor format; form there, after tidying as
necessary, you can load them into Duxbury. If you select the right
settings it will even do this if the text in the pdf file is only
embedded as images - it has a built in OCR mode to deal with this case.
The quality of this pdf import varies depending on the source pdf file,
but it can produce pretty good results, especially on simpler files.
This is another option which I find useful, as it avoids having to use a
separate program - you do it all in your word processor.

Stephen Phippen