[duxuser] Re: importing rich text format files

  • From: "Ruth L Mueller" <rmueller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:11:44 -0500

unsubscribe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Pond" <dg140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 5:13 PM
Subject: [duxuser] Re: importing rich text format files

Thanks, I'll try this. I have the Online Bible on CD, and I want to save a
version in ASCII so that it can be "Braillized" and then loaded onto a Braille
Lite 40. The Online Bible allows verses to be saved only in .rtf files.
The older CD software could save in ASCII, but the new version 2.0 saves in
.rtf (basically ASCII with formatting commands embedded). Looks like HTML.

Charles

---

Load it into WordPerfect or Word and save it as one of those formats. This
usually works.

At 01:28 PM 6/13/2005, you wrote:
It appears that I cannot directly import .rtf files using one fo the 14
import options.  Is this so, or am I missing something?  Can I Import, or
must I save the .rtf in another food processor as something like .txt and
then bring it into DBT?  I've tried that, and when I get the .rtf file
onscreen on WordPad, Window-Eyes shows a blank screen.

Thanks,
Charles

... Creating implements of mass instruction. Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped Library of Congress (202) 707-0535 <http://www.loc.gov/nls/z3986> HOME: <http://lras.home.sprynet.com> The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NLS.

* unsubscribe
* options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *