[duxuser] Re: how to indicate fill in blanks

  • From: Tom Whalen <ptkt3860@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

What we do at the college for fill in the blank tests is to delete the
underscore and replace it with four dashes. Joe went to the ---- to fish.

Brett Winchester <BWinches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to develop a peace of training for our staff to reduce the
amount of editing for Braille production of documents which have fill in
the blank items in them.

For example you may have a line which says,

APPLICANT NAME_____ (5 UNDERSCORE CHARACTER PROCEED WITH NO SPACE AFTER
THE WORD NAME.)

Frequently these number of underscore character is not the same, but is
simply an amount that looks good on the screen or finished print.

I have not found any direction within WORD for doing this and would
appreciate ideas.

I typically would put 3 (dots 36 character) but also am not sure what
is suggested at the time of this writing. I will however go look for
this rule.

Thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER PM KD7JN
VOLUNTEER SERVICES, BRAILLE TRANSLATION,
ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION RESOURCES
bwinches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/radio.htm

IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
(mailing
P O BOX 83720,
BOISE IDAHO 83720-0012
(Physical)
120 SOUTH COLE ROAD
BOISE IDAHO 83709

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours, Fax
208-334-2963

Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
http://www.iaais.org

* unsubscribe
* as the subject to . You may also
* options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive