[duxuser] Re: english, spanish!

  • From: "Susan" <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:45:04 -0500

When students are learning a foreign language in the US, you should not be
using any of the language templates when you open a file. Those templates
create braille for those countries. For example, "espanol con contraction"
creates contracted Spanish braille, which is not how we produce Spanish for
learning the language in the US.

When learning foreign language in the US, English is contracted and the
foreign language is uncontracted with unique accented letters. In the case
of this discussion, in DBT you'll need to select the Spanish text and mark
it using the Spanish style. An alternative is to press Alt-4 at the
beginning of the Spanish text and Alt-2 at the end of the Spanish text to
return to contracted English. When translated, you'll get the correct
contracted English, and the uncontracted Spanish with accented letters.
Note, you'll need to have codes turned on to see the mark up.

Marking up Spanish is a Word file was recently discussed in another post.

Susan