[duxuser] Security issue

  • From: "Eakachai Charoenchaimonkon" <bo_eakachai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:36:24 +0700

Dear listers,

My office is responsible for distributing electronic Braille student-book via
Internet. I'm facing with a crucial problem regarding security and copyright.

                Commonly, I can't upload original *.dxb files on my official
website. We prefer to convert all files into *.brf and ignore graphics braille
unavoidably. Now we still confront a problem that some NGOs in my country who
are currently coping with education for visually impaired students. We discover
that they copy our files and remove my publishing text in order to claim for
their profit.

Once I was advised to run the header text separately for the odd and even
pages. For example, header text on the left hand side may say �the title of the
book�, while the right hand say �published by my office name�. This solution is
not possible in Duxbury.

Please give us some advices the way we can deal with this problem.

With my best regards

Eakachai