[duxuser] Re: Printing Problem

  • From: "phyllisbono" <phyllisbono@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:37:42 -0600

Hi, Peter,

My name is Phyllis Bono, and I'm a brand new Duxbury user.  I don't know what
type of embosser you're using, but I have a Versapoint Duo.  In the DBT
Program, go to the Global settings.  Go to the embosser set up.  Open that
dialog box and make sure that you have your maximum characters per line is set
at 40.  Also, make sure that you have the maximum lines per page at 27.  The
desire number of lines on a page is 26, and the desired characters per line is
at 40.  Okay, this is if you're using the 11-1/2 by 11 inch paper.  Make sure
that on your printer that the skip perf is on, because you don't want any
Braille to go on those perforations.  Make sure word wrap is off.  Auto line
feed should be off.  Right margin is 40, and the left margin is 1.  Hot zone
should be off.

I hope this is of some help.  I'm just barely "getting my feet wet".  If you're
using a Versapoint Duo with an Apple computer, I have those settings also.
When I turned my printer on and went to menu 2 and hit the R button, it gave me
the settings for Apple computers.  If you want a paper copy of those settings,
send me a private E-mail with your address, and I'll send them to you.  I just
did that out of curiosity, just to see what was in menu 2.