[duxuser] Re: Polish Braille

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:57:43 -0400

To all:

There is a distinction between taking a document written in Polish and providing it to a Polish audience (by this I mean it will be read by someon native in Poland), or preparing a document (perhaps lessons in the Polish language) for American students.

If it is the former, then you need to use the full-on Polish translator in DBT, and get braille using contracted Polish using rules devised in Poland.

If it is the latter, then you need to read the NBA and/or BANA instructions for preparing foreign language mateiral for an American audience. This is a grade one code
with special markings for the accented letters.

Thankfully, DBT can handle both situations.

-- David Holladay

At 07:37 AM 5/30/2012, you wrote:
Hi Vivian.
NBA has a Interim Manual for Foreign Language online. APH should have the book of the final code for sale on their website. It has all the information you need.

Rhonda Gregoire
Braille Materials
2650 Bartels Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45244
(513) 232-7770
(513) 232-9047 FAX
(513) 509-0143 cell

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Vivian Younger <<mailto:vyounger@xxxxxxxxxxx>vyounger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All: I would like to know if Duxbury can translate a document in to Polish Braille? If so, how do I make this happen? Also, does anyone know where I can obtain a book illustrating the Polish Braille alphabet and Polish accent marks and or symbols? I have DBT11.1 and Romeo Pro 50. Thanks in advance for your help.

Vivian

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged communication. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

* options by visiting www.freelists.org .  The list archive
* is also located there.
* Duxbury Systems' web site is www.duxburysystems.com