[duxuser] Re: Page length in DBT

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:32:46 -0400

Ann,

I can understand why someone might want to set those values up that way, but they should *not* be the defaults for anything. I think the default line length should be 25, and the default number of characters per line should be 40 for wide paper and 30 for narrow. I suppose one could argue that my choices here are personal preference, to which I say that the defaults should correspond to whatever standards BANA dictates, which is what Duxbury usually adheres to.

Steve

On Thursday 6/1/06 09:08 Foxworth, Ann wrote:

Speaking of those predetermined lines per page or characters per line in
dbt 10.5, the dialog says desired in global, but who in the world could
fit 27 lines on an 11 inch page length?  Or, 34 characters on a narrow
page?