[duxuser] New user needs basics

  • From: Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:28:23 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, I've downloaded the trial version of DBT with the aim of moving from
my present braille translator to DBT - if I can get it to do what I want.

Is there an FAQ or idiots guide anywhere?

I want to import text files and add codes to make DBT do some basic
formats, ie centred text, right aligned and italic/bold text. I also want
paragraphs to indent by two spaces.

I have found that selecting text and using Shift-F6 centres it, but
selecting and Shift-F7 offers to replace the block with a right align
command. If I put the cursor in front of text I want to right align and
press Shift-F7, the the first word is right aligned but other words go on
the next line.

I haven't found a way of putting in bold/italic commands yet.

Any help to get these basics done would be gratefully received. If I can
get DBT to do these simple things then it's worth buying and I can spend
more time learning about its other facilities.

Cheers,

Ray D