[duxuser] Re: Most efficient medium-size braille embosser.

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <rhachey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:31:51 -0400

Hello Robert,
I do not feel that any sort of boycott is in order here. The
manufacturers are, for the most part, doing the best they can given that
they must deal with a relatively small market.
What is needed is greater government subsidy as a way of lowering
prices. In some cases, like when you need something for a specific work
purpose, this is already happening. But I would argue that we the blind
need some of this technology as badly as sighted folks need pen and
paper if we are to live independently.
Sorry to have gone so far afield of the subject matter of this list.
Bob Hachey