[duxuser] More problems importing Word Documents

  • From: "Kelly Hill" <kellmaster1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:09:25 -0800

    Problem summery:
Duxbury 10.3 is not importing bold and italic from a Word 2000 document in
Windows 2000.
Document created by scanning a form in Open Book 5. All text selected in
openbook  copied to clipboard then pasted into word where italic and bold
were added.
Imported using standard format with Word 6 or later.
The first instance of bold and italic shows up, but nun further.

Long version:
I've been given a form to Braille which a counselor and student filled out
detailing accommodations the student will receive from our department
complete with boxes to check and blanks to fill in. In Word, I added 4
dashes where the blanks would be and 2 dashes in front of something that can
be checked. I saved this to use as a template, then removed the dashes in
front of the accommodations the student will receive which I bolded and
Italicized so they would stand out from the rest.
Duxbury recognizes and returns codes for the first instance of bold and
italic complete with beginning and ending codes but not for any others.
Saving the document in Word as "Word 6.0/95" then importing does not help.

Here at home I created a test document using Word 97, Duxbury 10.2E and
Windows 98 and I have no problems.
At this point I'm wondering if the problem is somehow caused because the
original text was copied from Open Book. I'll test this theory as I get
time, but I've never had this problem before and I scan a lot of things in
Open Book.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have,

Kelly