[duxuser] Re: Marginal Material

  • From: "Suzan Muncer or Dan Geminder" <geminder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:42:05 -0500

I've been told to put marginal material in boxes when any type of print
formatting indicates that it's ok to do so (shading, frames, etc). Works for
me, 'cause that way it's really clear that it's not part of the narrative of
the text.

If it can't be boxed, and is related to something on the page, put it
between sections, or between paragraphs if there is no print section change,
where it best fits--preceded and followed by blank lines.

APPARENTLY, if it's utterly unrelated, put it at the end of the page, and
leave a blank line before the page change indicator (Rule 12, Section 5b(4).
I wonder if anyone ever does this?

Attribution as usual.

Hope this is what you were after.
Dan