[duxuser] Re: Map style in Word to style in Duxbury

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:48:20 +0100

Hi Ed,

This can be slightly tricky, but not impossible.

For a raft of technical reasons, SWIFT's Style Mapper (Which
is NOT a Duxbury product, by the way) will unfortunately
only show DBT's default Styles.

However, with some simple editing, you can map to your own
Custom Styles.

First two gentle warnings.

1)  Make a copy of whatever mapping file you alter.

2)  If you create a new Style in Word or DBT, make sure the
Style Name contains no spaces.  You can use an underscore
instead of a space if you wish.  (I believe this limitation
may be fixed in a yet to be released DBT)

Let us suppose we have created a Word Style called,
"My_Style".

Use the mapping facility in SWIFT, and select any one of the
Styles you will easily remember.  We'll assume for now that
you will use the default DBT mapping file.

Now go to a text editor, such as NotePad, and locate the
dbt.mws file which you should find in c:\duxbury\templates.

Go to the end of this file, where you will find a section
that should appear as follows.  Here you will see that I
have mapped "My_Style" to "poem"

# User Defined: 1 styles, 22 June 2005

User "My_Style"
{
  MappedName = "poem"
}

Change "poem" to the name of your custom DBT Style.  Don't
forget the period in the DBT name if there is one.

Save the file.

All being well, your mapping will take effect when you
import yoiur file to DBT.

George.

Lehman
> Sent: 22 June 2005 12:15
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Map style in Word to style in Duxbury
>
> I need to map a custom style in Word to a custom style I
> created in Duxbury.  How do you do this?  I played with
the
> style mapper, but couldn't get it to work.
>
> Thanks, Ed
> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com