[duxuser] Jumping to codes with the initial letter

  • From: Ramona Mandy <rmandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:13:19 +1000

Hi All,

I have noticed a little thing in DBT 10.4 which is a little inconvenient
but certainly not a show stopper.  In 10.3, if I wanted to insert the
compinline code to some selected text, I would hit F8 then press the letter
c three times to get to that item then press Enter.  In 10.4, to do the
same, I have to press F8, then c once then arrow down to the desired item.
In otherwords, repeated pressing of a letter in the F8 menu will not move
you through the items beginning with that letter.

Isn't it funny how having to move one hand over to the arrow keys
occasionally when once I didn't have to can seem like a nuisance.
Afterall, it's no more keystrokes than before but you do tend to miss
little things that you once had.

Ramona

Ramona Mandy
BrailleNote Promotions Officer