[duxuser] Re: Duxbury and Math

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:55:27 +0100

Hi Dani,

Your question will no doubt open up quite a dialog and, since my
knowledge of maths braille could be written, in braille, on my
thumbnail, I'll revert to the easy way out, which you may wish to
consider in the longer term as the maths requirement becomes more
complex.  (And also when DBT 10.4 comes out)

Scientific Notebook is a mathematical desk top publishing package, which
at $49 educational, doesn't usually break the school budget.  (See
http://www.mackichan.com/ for full details)  You can get a fully working
one month evaluation copy either by download, or on CD.

The files created by S/N can be imported into DBT and translated.  In
addition, it is an excellent package in so much as it can be used in
main-stream printed school work, and can also produce Large Print maths
if needs be.

I would stress now that DBT's Scientific Notebook Importer has been
further enhanced for DBT 10.5, and I believe it will be a powerful
feature and benefit for anyone needing to produce maths braille, in a
hurry, and with a limited knowledge of the overall subject.

George Bell.