[duxuser] Re: DBT Wish List

  • From: "Blackburn, Alan" <Alan.Blackburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:06:01 +1000

G'day people,
First time I've joined in - though I've watched for a while!
  A couple of ideas;
1. (like everyone else; but it's worth while re-iterating)
 UNDO! UNDO! UNDO! UNDO! UNDO! ... A.S.A.P

2. Wouldn't it be nice if the cursor stayed in the same position in the
Braille file after translation from the print file? It's annoying if you
want to check (e.g.) formatting quickly, to continually have to search thru
from the start of the file. I realize this is probably impossible because
the translated file is re-created each time (I think) but ...

2. I do most of my transcription in direct entry (six key) because (a) I am
fluent in Braille and (b) I do lots of maths (Australian code) and chemistry
which requires strange and scary formatting, and (c) I don't need to use
anywhere near as many codes etc. to do that formatting. However it also
means that it is near impossible to back-translate from the Braille file to
a print file 'cos it drops a lot of the formatting when you do. Could you
fix this problem?

3. I would like to edit a code by putting the cursor on the number &
changing it. E.g. [tabX] to [tabY] without having to re-enter the whole code
each time.

4. I would like to delete a series of codes thru the whole file even though
they have a different value. E.g. [svpfd12],[svpfd13],[svpfd14] etc.

5. I have a bug (I think it's a bug!) where if I minimize and then maximize
the program I get a really small view which contains about 3 pages of
braille. This is really handy for checking overall formatting across the
file and would be good to have in the menu. E.g. "View" menu > full page
(100%) > multi page (25%).

If there is a way to do 3. and 4. already please let me know (excuse my
ignorance and spelling). I hope all this makes sense--and I just realized
that I've almost written a novel!
That'll do for now!
Thanx, Alan