[duxuser] Computer Braille Code

  • From: "Karina Gregory" <Karina.Gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:38:46 -0000

Hi,
I have just been looking at some computer Braille code.  I don't really
understand it even though there was a summary before the code to tell me what
it represented!  For starters. there was a dot 6 and an "ing" sign at the
beginning and end of the text".  My query is, if dot 6 is used to represent a
number, isn't this going to get confused with some brackets?  Also, say if the
number is 3, added dot six would become "sh", sometimes this can become
confused with "M" when not in context.  I recognise that this is possibly done
to save space, but I'm just wondering if a different method should be
considered for future development to avoid potential confusion and
unintentional errors.  I'd be interested to hear your views on this subject.
Please feel free to mail me off list if you wish to.
Thanks.
Karina