[duxuser] Re: Brf versus Dxb

  • From: "Warren Figueiredo" <warrenfigueiredo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:19:44 -0500

Hi Deb,
A brf file is ready to be embossed  and can be used by many people with
different braille production programs or text editors.
A DXB file contains codes unique to Duxbury and cannot be embossed easily if
you don't own DBT.
 You can save a DXB file as a brf file.  Just go to File, Save as (F3) and
choose the option from "save as type." where you can choose two BRF types
"formatted braille, U. S. encoding" or "formatted braille local encoding."
If you use the US encoding you will be OK.
Never throw away a DXB file if you'll want to edit the text someday. BRF
files are easy to share and emboss but not easy to edit with good results.

Warren

  _____