[duxuser] Re: A question About dbt and web braille

  • From: pann1 <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Janet <joybubbles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:03:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Janet,

When you want to download a book, don't open the volume.  Instead use the
"save target as" feature in IE and save it to disk.  Then, copy or move
the file to your notetaker.  Most notetakers can read .brf files just
fine.

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign, KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign, AAT9PX
California

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Janet wrote:

Hi!

When I open a web Braille book from the National Library service website
DBT comes up. I have no problem with this. My difficulty comes when I
download said book into my note taker. I am unable to read the file.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to use my M20 unit to read Duxbury
files?
If not, is there a way to change it so that DBT doesn't automatically
come up when I open a web Braille volume?
Thanks for your help.

Janet
All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes
in them.
--Earvin "Magic" Johnson