[duxuser] A couple of Duxbury questions

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:29:44 -0800

Hello,

Have any of you Duxbury users found a way to import a text file into
Duxbury unformatted?  In looking through the various styles, I see none
which will suppress carriage returns or line feeds which are present in
the original documents.  There must be some way to do this as every
other braille translator program I have played with has this
capability.  Granted, the other translation programs with which I am
familiar are dos based.  And in most windows text editors, soft returns
are used.  But the problem remains that I want to import documents into
Duxbury which are unformatted, and I find no such option.
As I am a new user of Duxbury, I apologize if I have missed something
obvious.

Another question:  Is there some means in Duxbury to modify the
capitalization rules such that, in the braille output document,  only
initial caps
are used even if words are in all caps in the input document?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Don Roberts