[duxnews] Announcement DBT 11.1 is Now Shipping
- From: Anne Ronco <anne@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Duxnews List <duxnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Duxuser List <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:08:25 -0400
Dear Duxnews and Duxuser listers,Our next major version, DBT 11.1 (build date 2011-1-07), has been released. DBT 11.1 is now shipping and available on the Web for download.
Those with existing licenses can use Help/Check for Updates (Alt-H-U) to download DBT 11.1 and check if their licenses are within the eligibility period for receiving DBT 11.1 as a free update. Those with licenses outside of the eligibility period can run DBT 11.1 as a time-limited trial for up to 45 days.
DBT 11.1 can also be downloaded from our main web site home page: www.duxburysystems.comThe DBT 11.1 download will run as a demo version for those without a license.
Here is a list of what's new since DBT 10.7 SR1: * Imports MS Word 2007 and 2010; MS Excel 2007 and 2010 files * Imports Open Office Writer & Open Office Calc files* Now supports <http://www.duxburysystems.com/nations.asp> over 130 languages for braille translation * <http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/dbt11.1/working_with_word/Table_and_Style_Example.htm> Table importer & Braille tabular material formatter: * Imports tables and offers multiple braille table styles including automatic selection of the optimal style
* Allows easy change between table styles* Supports differences in table formatting for different braille codes * Improves Math support in many ways: better importer, better translation, now supporting spatial layout for matrixes * <http://www.duxburysystems.com/dbt_math.asp> Lets the user select one math translator for all file imports (use Nemeth with Hindi or British Math with Nigerian languages, etc.) * <http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/dbt11.1/language_translation_tables/language_switching.htm> Allows Switching Braille Tables inside of a document to combine multiple braille systems in a single document. * Improves functionality for DAISY & NIMAS and other XML document files. * Now provides back translation (braille to print) as well as print to braille for most braille translators * Includes New Learning Tables to assist & support approved braille teaching courses: 2 for BANA, 3 for BAUK/UKAAF and 2 for UEB. NOW listed in DOCUMENT menu. * Offers a low cost print & braille solution -- <http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/transendse.asp> The TranSend SE: Software version of TranSend is available for licensing from Enabling Technologies
* Organizes Translation tables by region * Refines and updates over a dozen translation tables* Features New <http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/dbt11.1/index.asp?Screenreader=1> Translation Help
* Adds support for new embossers including the NEW COSMO. * Improves handling of many current embossers * Strengthens support for JAWS screen readerFor a more detailed list, see <http://www.duxburysystems.com/dbtwhst.asp>http://www.duxburysystems.com/dbtwhst.asp.
Regards to all, Joe Sullivan President, Duxbury Systems, Inc.
Other related posts:
- » [duxnews] Announcement DBT 11.1 is Now Shipping - Anne Ronco