[duxhelp] Re: styles and text

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 12:23:28 -0500

Anita,

I've been unable to replicate the first problem reported: that DBT freezes
when trying to apply an "h2." style to "1970s".  We programmer's aren't
particularly good at getting our own software to misbehave.  (I can tear
other software to pieces, though -- go figure.)

There is, however, some good news.  It's probable that this problem is
already fixed.  Mike has found and fixed two issues that could cause
document corruption -- and possibly, therefore, lockup -- while applying
styles.  This is in addition to the document corruption problem associated
with undoing a style application, which is also already fixed.

In order to get these fixes to you ASAP, I'm going to try to get a beta
posted early in the week: Monday or Tuesday.  This will be at least two days
ahead of our already-frantic pace of beta releases.  But I can see that the
lockups you've been having are likely to cause real setbacks in your
schedule.  And, given how good you are at getting the software to lockup,
I'd like to get a new build to you quickly so that we can have some closure
for my own peace of mind.

If beta 3 doesn't resolve this issue, then I'll ask Bob to look into it.  He
does testing internally.  If it comes to that, I imagine that he'll have
some questions for you or me (or both).