[duxhelp] Re: printing or embossing to a file!!

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:04:50 -0700

Hi Peter:

I can actually print to file, using the directives, I specified, eliminating
<ff> <lf>s. I have to rename the file afterwards, but as the output always
retains the same file name, this isn't really a problem.  I use a generic
embosser, with 40 chars per line and 25 lines per page, although with the
absense of form feeds, there really are no pages. I have a custom template
with no page numbers.

I suppose one has to evaluate the need to accomodate clients without an
embosser, as DBT's main function would be overwhelmingly to produce paper
braille. A braille reader who knows ascii can read a braille file with a
speech synthesizer, but this is slow, as I am sure you can imagine.  So
print to file works well for my purposes at the moment.

Jack