[duxhelp] Re: lines per page

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:30:55 -0400

David:

Yes and no. DBT 10.6 has a new feature which allows you to create a new file myemb.elt. No matter what is in emb.elt, if there is an entry in myemb.elt, it overwrites the Duxbury supplied file. This allows you to set up your own private definitions and protects you from ruin in you install an update from Duxbury which re-sets the emb.elt file.

However, we welcome your information about 13 inch paper. If you can tell us the absolute maximum number of lines per page that can fit on 13 inch paper for one or more embossers, we will gladly update our information.

Let me be very clear. Some embossers (particularly in the Enabling and Thiel lines) are marked as "PageWrap". Those embossers will produce spectacularly bad format if we put in the wrong "maximum number of possible lines" number.

In a "PageWrap" embosser, if a user asks for the maximum number of lines per page, then the output is sent from DBT without any form feeds. If we have the wrong number of lines per page, the line containing a braille page number will "drift" up or down the physical pages as you look at your output. Trust me, this is a very frustrating situation.

So, give us some trustworthy numbers, and we will update the emb.elt file.

-- David Holladay

At 09:43 AM 6/14/2006, you wrote:
Peter
Early this year when this issue arose over the 13 inch paper we use I
thought that this was going to be easier to deal with in 10.6. Are you
suggesting that the release version will allow for different sizes of
paper to be easily dealt with without having to go into the emb.elt file

David Spybey

-----Original Message----- From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Sullivan Sent: 12 June 2006 18:20 To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [duxhelp] Re: lines per page

Lissa,

Thanks.

This will be fixed for the release.