[duxhelp] Re: handing of numbered lists in documents

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:20:49 -0400

George,

I've no idea either, but will go over this with Joe when he returns from his
current trip.

How should the text be translated?

And how important is it that it get this right?

Computer programs, such as ours, that attempt to handle various braille
rules dealing with capitalization, emphasis, letter signs, and the like, can
be fooled with odd cases.  But I think we'd be doing nobody a service to
obsess about handling odd cases perfectly if their not going to come up
except when the transcriber makes an error on the input.