[duxhelp] find and find/replace

  • From: Christine Simpson <simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 16:40:07 +1000

I am using DBT10.5 beta2 with JFW5.

I am having difficulty finding and replacing bullet characters in a file which I have imported from Word.

It is a process which I regularly do quite successfully in 10.4.

I am selecting the bullet character and then with ctrl-c and ctrl-v I am copying it and then pasting it into the find, or the find of the find/replace boxes. Somethimes then when I complete the task it works, but usually not. Even though it sometimes says it has replaced correctly it has not but more often than not it just "dongs" at me and tells me that it cannot find such characters.

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with this task?

Many thanks

Christine

* * * * *
Christine Simpson