[duxhelp] Re: degrees centigrade in the British code

  • From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie.diggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:48:41 -0400

I was curious since a 53 in hex is not only not a degree symbol, but it's
not a not a left paren either.  Therefore, I copied the text and pasted it
into notepad.  It showed up as a non-printing character.  Then I asked JAWS
what it was.  Assuming JAWS is reporting it correctly, this symbol is
Unicode character f0b0 which falls in the range of numbers reserved for
"private use."

Very interesting.... Granted I'm bored with what I was working on. (grin)
Does the UK version of Word have symbols that we over here cannot insert?

--Joanie