[duxhelp] Re: Word to Dux

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:39:43 -0400

The likely hood is that the person who wrote the file that you
imported into DBT, had their word processor add a "hard return" or
manually added a "hard return" themselves each time a new page
boundary was reached, whether it be a "soft page break" or a "hard
page break".

There is very little that you can do about what other people choose to
do when producing their own ideas on how they like the format to look
when they produce their work.

Often, when I am going through a file that someone else has produced,
I invariably come across inconveniences that I would rather do
without.  In my particular case, I first try and work out my own ways
of getting round these inconveniences and finding solutions than
wasting time constantly complaining about how other people choose to
format their documents.

Because, when all said and done, as transcribers, we have decided to
take a file which has been formatted and produced for print and, we
now want to format and produce the same file for braille.

We would all like it if everybody formatted their files in the same
way so as to make it easy to transcribe printed materials into
braille.  Of course, that would be too easy and too simple.  And, who
said, that life was, or, should be simple.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber