[duxhelp] Re: Unable to emboss

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:26:59 -0400

Kevin, Mark, and Sean,

Here is a (hopefully) final thought on this thread:

Only an administrator can set rights on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branches, insofar
as I'm aware.  So I've planned to do all of the rights modifications in
SETUP, rather than in DBT.  This is based on the theory that you are more
likely to install with some privilege than to run DBT with it.

The plan in fact is to try setting extra rights for the embosser branch, but
to issue no error or warning if this fails.  It would, I suggest, be too
"noisy" to be warning about this.