[duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:53:18 +0100

Peter,

That would explain it.

XP Home here has those fonts, but I'll have to check the
system when I get home.  (For some reason I can't access the
Windows folder from here)

I would have thought those fonts were standard on all XP
systems, but who knows.

George.

-----Original Message-----
From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter
Sullivan
Sent: 31 March 2006 11:39
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file

George,

As to the last question, there presumably is just a
difference in installed fonts between the two machines.
Does your desktop have "Courier Bold" and "Courier New Bold"
installed?  Does your laptop?

- Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George
Bell
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:08 PM
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file

I'm nearly there, Joanie, but feeling like Dr Watson at the
end of Sherlock's witterings.  (Besides, I've finished my
latest Clive Cussler book
- smile)
 
Why is it that my Toshiba laptop shows what follows [fts~b]
as BOLD, and my Desktop does not?
 
Yet Italic and Underline Codes seem O.K.
 
George.

________________________________

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joanmarie
Diggs
Sent: 30 March 2006 22:57
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file


This one I cannot reproduce.  Go to bed George! <grin>
 
--Joanie

________________________________

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George
Bell
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:44 PM
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file


(Apologies to screen reader users here, but I just have to
show screen
shots.)
 
 
This is getting way too bizarre.  See here.
 

I now add an Italic Code and "Italic "
 

 
I got to the end of the line, and backspace out as far as,
but not including the space after the word Italic.
 

 
I add the Underline Code and the word "Underlined"
 

 
I press Return, and I get "[fts~i]Italic" appear at the
beginning of the line.
 

 
I press undo twice
 

 
As it's after 10.30pm here in the U.K., maybe I should go to
bed?
 
George.
 
 

________________________________

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joanmarie
Diggs
Sent: 30 March 2006 22:23
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file


I can reproduce this as shown.
 
The opposite of fts is fte so bold off [fte~b]
 
--joanie

________________________________

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George
Bell
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:15 PM
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Translating a translated file



Peter,

Not sure what's happening here, but it has me intrigued.
I've done this on XP Home and Pro systems.

In Coded View, placed your cursor  BEFORE the [fts] code as
shown below and press delete.


 
Do you now see the following?
 

 
And just to add to this (and here I will probably have a
major red face), how is one supposed to "cancel" an [fts...]
Code?
 
You might understand why I ask when you view the attached
WITHOUT Codes.
 
George.
 
 




-----Original Message-----
From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rebecca
Sherwood
Sent: 30 March 2006 16:24
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Translating a translated file

Hi there,

I just noticed that when I click "Do not display this
warning again"
checkbox to the warning message about translating a file
that has already been translated, I still get the warning
message every time I try to translate an already-translated
file.

Rebecca

Tesfaye Mihretu wrote:
> Hello all, yes it does not consume more than 20 cells by
19 lines.
However if you change embosser in Document, it will reformat
it self 40 cells by 25 lines.
>
> Regards
> Tesfaye
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George
Bell
> Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:30 AM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Beta 3 has been posted
>
> Hi Tesfaye,
>
> I double clicked on your braille file attachment and it
opened and 
> visually displayed 20 cells by 19 lines on screen.
>
> However, I have to say that having just installed Beta 3,
I have no 
> embossers set up as yet.
>
> Moreover, when I look at the settings in **Document**
embosser setup, 
> the "No Target Embosser" settings display forty characters
by twenty 
> eight lines.
>
> George.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tesfaye
Mihretu
> Sent: 30 March 2006 15:11
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Beta 3 has been posted
>
> Hi all, I download beta 3 this morning and noticed sticky
set up no 
> longer there.  I am attaching a file that supposes to have
20 cells by
> 19 lines set up in 10.5 DBT. When you open this 10.6 beta
3, you will 
> notice 40 cells by 25 lines.
> Can you check?
>
> Regards,
> Tesfaye from CNIB
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Behalf Of Peter Sullivan
> Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:47 PM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Beta 3 has been posted
>
> Beta Testers,
>
> DBT beta 3 has been posted to:
>
>
http://www.partners.duxburysystems.com/beta.asp?product=DBT.
>
> Notes about the new beta are included on the page.  I
won't replicate 
> them here, but will work instead to catch up with some
recent (and 
> some
> not-so-recent) communications about the beta.
>
> Thanks for all of your feedback so far.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Peter
>
>
> * * *
> * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
> * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> *   unsubscribe
> * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
> * is also located there.
> * Duxbury Systems' web site is
http://www.duxburysystems.com
> * * *
>
>
> Privacy Disclaimer - Français à suivre
> 
> This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is
intended for 
> the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may 
> contain information that is priviledged, proprietary,
confidential. If 
> you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any 
> dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication
is strictly 
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please 
> notify the sender and erase this e-mail message
immediately.
>
------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------------------
> Déclaration de confidentialité
>
> Le présent courrier électronique (y compris les pièces qui
y sont 
> annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire
indiqué et peut 
> contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou
confidentiel. Si 
> vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous
signalons 
> qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le
distribuer ou de 
> le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par
erreur, veuillez 
> en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.
>
> * * *
> * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
> * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> *   unsubscribe
> * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
> * is also located there.
> * Duxbury Systems' web site is
http://www.duxburysystems.com
> * * *
>
>
> Privacy Disclaimer - Français à suivre
> 
> This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is
intended for 
> the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is priviledged, proprietary,
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the
sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.
>
------------------------------------------------------------
----------
> -------------
> Déclaration de confidentialité
>
> Le présent courrier électronique (y compris les pièces qui
y sont
annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué
et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou
confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce
document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit
de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce
message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer
l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.
>
> * * *
> * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
> * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> *   unsubscribe
> * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
> * is also located there.
> * Duxbury Systems' web site is
http://www.duxburysystems.com
> * * *
>
>

* * *
* This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
*   unsubscribe
* as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may
also
* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
* options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
* is also located there.
* Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com
* * *




* * *
* This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
*   unsubscribe
* as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may
also
* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
* options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
* is also located there.
* Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com
* * *
* * *
* This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
* To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
*   unsubscribe
* as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription
* options by visiting http://www.freelists.org.  The list archive
* is also located there.
* Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com
* * *

Other related posts: