[duxhelp] Suggestions

  • From: "Christian Coudert" <ch.coudert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:48:37 +0100

Hello Peter and all:

Before shipping DBT 10.6 SR1, I would like to suggest the following:

-- In Help / About DBT, do not forget to mention the date which will
correspond to the one DBT is really shipped (presently DBT says: 24th
Decembre, 2006).

-- The number of templates on my hard disk begins to be exponential... (many
of tehm were made for test). Now it's difficult to identifiy which templates
really belong to DBT and which ones are mine.
An easy solution could be to install the templates supplied with DBT
attributing to the files a common date (for example: 2007 01 19) and an hour
such as: "10:60" or "10:61" (for DBT 10.6 SR1).

If I have a look at the "Francais - 2006.dxt" template, I notice that the
file is "read-only"; so I presume it has been installed by the SR1 C2. But
the date of this file is dated: 27th June 2006. Therefore I am not sure the
installer copied the most recent "Francais - 2006" file when I installed the
SR1 C2.

What does happen when an old template is read-only and the installer is
about to copy a more recent template with the same name?

Thanks.

All the best.

Christian